Wermeling lab January 2020. Left to right: Zsolt Kasza, Sudeepta Kumar Panda, Long Jiang, Fredrik Wermeling, Sanjay Boddul, Yunbing Shen and Vaishnavi Iyer. Photo: Erik Holmgren
Dr. Zsolt Kasza / Lab manager (2014- )
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology from University of Szeged, Hungary, and University Claude Bernard, France.
- Ph.D. (summa cum laude) in Molecular Biology from University of Szeged, Hungary with Dr. Vagvolgyi Csaba, and University Claude Bernard, France with Prof. Dr. Michel Fevre and Dr. Pascale Cotton. Thesis title: “Molecular characterization of Sclerotinia sclerotiorumpathogenesis”.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Dartmouth Medical School, USA, in a collaboration between the Dr. John Hwa Laboratory and the Dr. Kathleen Martin Laboratory (both since relocated to the Yale School of Medicine).
- Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Uppsala University, Sweden, in the Dr. Johan Kreuger laboratory.
- Has furthermore been a project leader at TEVA Pharmaceutical Company, Debrecen, Hungary.
Dr. Sanjay Boddul / Postdoc (2015- )
- M.Sc. in Microbiology, Shivaji University Kolhapur, Department of Microbiology, Maharashtra, India.
- Ph.D. in Molecular neurobiology, School of Biotechnology, International Centre for Neurotherapeutics, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland. Thesis title: Molecular basis for the therapeutic uses of botulinum neurotoxin for arthritic pain.
- Has furthermore worked as a Research Associate at the National Institute of Virology, Pune, India, as a Project Assistant at the Interactive Research School for Health Affairs, Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune, India, as well as a Project Assistant in Neuroproteomics, at the Medical University of Vienna, Austria.
- Approved by FDA as Microbiologist.
Long Jiang / Ph.D. student (2016- )
- Bachelor of Clinical Medicine from Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), Hubei, China.
- Master of Medical Science from Peking University (PKU), Beijing, China.
- Awarded the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) scholarship, and the top prize of the Chinese National Medical Students Clinical Skills Competition.
Vaishnavi Srinivasan Iyer / Ph.D. Student (2018- )
- B.Sc. from the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
- Supervised together with Prof. Phan Anh Tuan (NTU).
- Awarded the KI – NTU joint Ph.D. program.
Yunbing Shen / Ph.D. student (2018- )
- B.Sc. in Clinical Pharmacy from the Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, China.
- M.Sc. in Pharmacogonosy from the
Nankai University, China.
- Awarded the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) scholarship.
Gustaf Wigerblad / Postdoc (2016-2018 )
- M.Sc. from the Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm,
- Ph.D. from the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, working with Dr. Camilla Svensson. Thesis title: “Mechanisms of pain in autoimmunity: the role of antibodies”.
- Currently Postdoc at NIH with Dr. Mariana J. Kaplan.
Dr. Guillermina Yanek Jiménez-Andrade / Postdoc (2016-2018)
- M.Sc. from the Department of Pharmacobiology, Center for Investigation and Advanced Studies (Cinvestav), Mexico City, Mexico.
- Ph.D. from the Department of Pharmacobiology, Center for Investigation and Advanced Studies (Cinvestav), Mexico City, Mexico, working with Dr. Claudia Gonzalez-Espinosa and Dr. Monica Lamas. Thesis title: Effect of atopy on tumor growth facilitated by mast cells. Role of VEGF and Fyn kinase.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, USA, with Dr. Jin Mo Park.
- Awarded GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Mexico Award for Excellence in Basic Research 2013.
- Currently has a research position at MGH/Harvard.
Dr. Sudeepta Kumar Panda / Postdoc (2014-2017 )
- M.Sc. in Veterinary Science in Animal Biotechnology, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, India.
- Ph.D. (Magna Cum Laude), Technische Universität München, working with Dr. Ralf Kuhn and Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Wurst at Helmholtz Zentrum München, Germany. Thesis title: “Establishment of mouse disease models by using sequence specific nucleases”.
- Recipient of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) – International Fellowship.
- Detailed publication list, link
- Currently postdoc at the Roslin Institute, The University of Edinburgh.
Dr. Sergio Haller / Postdoc (2015-2016)
- M.Sc. in molecular and cellular Biology, University of Zürich, Switzerland. Master thesis with Prof. Dr. Burkhard Becher.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, in the group of Prof. Dr. H. Acha-Orbea. Thesis title: “Between Immunity and Tolerance: Controlling Immune Responses Employing Tolerogenic Dendritic Cells”
- Currently Scientist at Roche Innovation Center Zürich, Switzerland.
- Joar Franzén, M.Sc. in Biomedicine, Karolinska Institutet. 2015.
- Christina Neofytou, M.Sc. in Biomedicine, Karolinska Institutet. 2017-2018
- Suvi Karvinen, M.Sc. in Biomedicine, Karolinska Institutet. 2017-2018
Wermeling lab June 2017. Left to right: Sanjay Boddul, Christina Neofytou, Yanek Jiménez, Long Jiang, Zsolt Kasza, Sudeepta Panda, and Fredrik Wermeling. (Missing Gustaf Wigerblad).
Wermeling lab June 2016. (Left to right: Sanjay Boddul, Yanek Jiménez, Zsolt Kasza, Fredrik Wermeling, Sudeepta Panda). Photos Erik Holmgren.